Monday 30 November 2009

Zeroing on departure

Months of planning, ticket ready, bags packed, and now looking forward to Wednesday 2nd December for the start of my 12 months unpaid career break from my current job at TRL (with their kind permission).

As I know many of you are aware by now…I am off to Sierra Leone to set up and run a UK charity I and friends registered with the charity commission in 2007. The charity is aiming to give hope to many disabled people in the country, in particular through education and vocational training, with a focus on Information & Communication Technology (ICT). If you haven’t already seen it, a YouTube video of how it all happened and why I am passionate about the charity is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQ8Exhl4R8 (excellently made video by one of our trustees…I may have sat too close to the camera, I don’t look that bad in real-life but all for a good cause, so ok not looking my best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment